This vacation time, why not enjoy your holidays in Cyprus ? Greece is a lovely Mediterranean’s island country, that’s well-known for its history and natural beauty. There are so many ancient sites, such as the Neolithic village of Khirokitia, which has been declared a World Heritage Site. This is a wonderful place to come for a holiday to enjoy the sunshine and beaches with your family. Here is a look at top six attractions in Cyprus which are a must to see:
- Paphos harbor And Castle – This is a wonderful place to visit because it’s primarily an ancient historical site where you can revel in the marvels of the past. The harbor has some of the most beautiful fishing boats. Stop by at the local fish restaurants for a nice lunch and then take a journey to the castle, which speaks of the medieval era. The original castle was built in 1391 and was later destroyed. The structure built on top of the earlier ruins, was used as dungeons and then a warehouse!!!
- Aiya Napa –This is now a popular tourist spots because of its beautiful sandy beaches. The waters in the beaches are shallow and allow for water sports like scuba diving and snorkeling. Its name is derived from an ancient monastery that used to lie right in the center of the resort’s town area.
- Protares- Lying very close to Aiya Napa is the lovely beach resort of Protaras. This area is endowed with natural beauty; much of its enhanced by natural beaches that have pristine waters. This is a perfect spot for family holidays in Cyprus and has some world class hotels, restaurants, and shopping venues that are a delight to tourists.
- Buyuk Han – This is one of the oldest public buildings in the country, and was originally designed to offer accommodation to travelers and offer protection for merchants. The building is shaped in the form of a fortress and was used by British troops during the world war. You can shop around its many retail outlets else sit for cup of coffee in its beautiful cafes.
- Kolosso Castle – This is a beautiful 12th century castle located in the fertile valley in South Cyprus. It was originally built by the French military which was later left In ruins, upon which the present day castle was constructed by hospalatiers. The castle has been partly converted into areas that showcases artwork, while in another part sugarcane is used for the processing of sugarcane.
- Paphos Mosaics – This is one of the best masterpieces on Cyprus, located near the harbor area. The mosaic represents the most beautiful scenes from Greek mythology and many of the scenes here date as far back as the 2nd and the 5th century. These mosaics have been excavated by archeologists and are part of a structure that includes theater and castle. They were originally part of nobleman’s houses and today they are on display in houses such as the House of Dionysus and the House of Orpheus, etc.
Cyprus is an exciting holiday destination and visiting it is an enriching experience because of its culture, climate and immense natural beauty. You can opt for package holidays to Cyprus to see the ancient monuments, heritage, grand palaces and archeological excavations. There are many travel agencies that specialize in family holidays to Cyprus.